As a leading firm, Loyens & Loeff is the logical choice as a legal and tax partner if you do business in or from the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg or Switzerland, our home markets. Our clients can count on personal advice from any of our 900 advisers based in one of our offices in the Benelux and Switzerland or in key financial centers around the world. Thanks to our full-service practice, specific sector experience and thorough knowledge of the market, our advisers understand exactly what clients need.
We are looking for an Associate with minimum 2 and maximum 4 years of experience to join our Data Protection & Privacy, Compliance and Corporate Investigations Teams.
You will join our Data Protection & Privacy, Compliance and Corporate Investigations Teams. Under supervision of Stéphanie De Smedt (Counsel) and Clémence Van Muylder (Senior Associate), you will be responsible for giving strategic advice, drafting contracts and managing litigation in matters of data protection (reviewing compliance documentation, setting up compliance programs, giving GDPR workshops and providing strategic advice on data processing agreements, data transfers, processing of sensitive data, etc.), white collar crime (reviewing criminal files, providing risk assessment opinions, elaborating defense strategies, assisting clients in case of daws raids, etc.), compliance and corporate investigations (reviewing internal AML/ABC/whistleblowing policies, setting up compliance programs, providing compliance advice, providing assistance in case of daws raid or inspections by regulatory bodies, etc. ). You will also be actively involved in giving (internal or client) presentations, preparing newsflashes and articles, and will have the opportunity to attend business development events.
- You hold a Master's degree in Belgium law with minimum 2 and maximum 4 years of relevant experience;
- You have an excellent command in Dutch and English;
- You have a solid experience in data protection and privacy as well as a thorough understanding of compliance frameworks (esp. AML) and white collar crime;
- You are able to perform an in-depth and creative analysis and to find pragmatic solutions that meet your client’s requirements;
- You have an eye for detail and work proactively, independently and are results driven;
- You are an open-minded team player, you are committed and positively passionate about what you do and the team you are working with;
- You are eager to contribute to the further outlining and strengthening of the business development strategies of the team and have an eye for new opportunities (giving presentations, writing articles, using new technologies, etc.);
- You are eager to keep learning and want to develop your skills in a challenging and international work environment.
We offer you:
- A professional framework in which to develop your talents and find your (professional) passion;
- An inspiring, inclusive and people oriented work environment where your personal characteristics are valued;
- You will work together with your team on various projects, but often also with colleagues from other departments and other offices (the Data Protection & Privacy Team and the Corporate Investigations & Business Crime Team are represented in all our home markets (Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg and Switzerland) and work in an integrated and collaborative manner on joint (knowhow and business development) projects;
- You will work in offices of standing located close to public transportation;
- Passion for solutions is our strength. Loyens & Loeff therefore offers you a professional and international framework in which to develop your talents;
- You will work for a diverse clientele, both national and international;
- You will be part of a talented team and you will work in close collaboration with the head Partners of the department;
- You will take part in various internal, external and customized training programs organized by the firm;
- We offer you the assurance of quickly developing direct contacts with our clients, under the supervision of the Partners, Counsels and Senior Associates;
- You will be given the opportunity to actively participate in networking opportunities, as well as to play a role in enhancing the visibility and position of the team on the legal market (e.g. by giving presentations, writing articles, pursuing academic ambitions, etc.);
- You will receive competitive fees, adapted to your level of experience.
Start date: Asap
Please complete the form by clicking on the link below and enclosing your CV, cover letter and a transcript of your obtained grades.Share