As a leading firm, Loyens & Loeff is the logical choice as a legal and tax partner if you do business in or from the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg or Switzerland, our home markets. Our clients can count on personal advice from any of our 900 advisers based in one of our offices in the Benelux and Switzerland or in key financial centers around the world. Thanks to our full-service practice, specific sector experience and thorough knowledge of the market, our advisers understand exactly what clients need.
You will join our Commercial Litigation & Arbitration team, which forms part of the Litigation & Risk Management Practice Group.
As part of this team, you will work on high profile litigation cases both before the Belgian courts and in the context of international arbitration proceedings. You will also advise clients on dispute resolution strategies, assist them in settlement negotiations and help them execute court orders and arbitral sentences throughout the world.
The team handles cases for high profile clients in the areas of commercial law (distribution law, joint ventures, unfair market practices, e-commerce, etc.), intellectual property and IT law (IT disputes, processing of personal data, counterfeit litigation, trade secrets misappropriation, etc.), liability law (product liability, contractual liability, class actions, etc.) and insurance law. The members also assist clients in insolvency and restructuring proceedings.
- This year you will obtain (or you already hold) a Master’s degree in Belgian law with an excellent academic record;
- You have 0 to 3 years of relevant experience in litigation and/or arbitration;
- You work proactively and are results driven. You are a team player, eager to learn and you communicate easily and effectively with your colleagues and clients;
- You speak Dutch fluently, and have a very good command in French and English;
- You are able to present some relevant extracurricular activities;
- You want to further develop your skills in a challenging and international working environment.
We offer you:
- Passion for solutions is our strength. Loyens & Loeff therefore offers you a professional framework in which to develop your talents.
- You will work together with your team on various projects but also with your colleagues from other departments and other offices of our organization abroad.
- You will work for a diverse clientele, both national and international.
- You will be part of a talented team and you will work in close collaboration with the head Partners of the department.
- You will take part in various internal and external training programs organized by the firm.
- We offer you the assurance of quickly developing direct contacts with the customers, under the supervision of the Partners and Counsels.
- You will receive a competitive salary, adapted to your level of experience.
Please complete the form by clicking on the link below, mentioning which department you are applying for and enclosing your CV, cover letter and transcript of obtained grades.