Are you looking for a new opportunity to challenge your tax knowledge while staying connected with the dynamics of a Tax practice?
Loyens & Loeff is currently recruiting a Knowledge Lawyer within Tax.
Loyens & Loeff is a leading law firm operating in the Benelux and Switzerland, our home markets. As an international firm, Loyens & Loeff has offices in the main financial centers worldwide. Thanks to the close collaboration between our legal and tax practices, we have a unique, strong position in the market. Our lawyers work in teams and approach complex legal issues from all possible angles. In this way, we provide our clients with solutions that are balanced, coherent and pragmatic.
Our clientele consists of national and multi-national companies, financial institutions and governmental bodies. With about 1,500 lawyers and staff worldwide, our firm can handle all business related legal and tax issues, be they national or international.
For the Tax practice group of Loyens & Loeff we are looking for a Knowledge Laywer to team up with our senior Knowledge Lawyer. Are you ready for something new and would you like to make a significant contribution to the quality, efficiency and professionalism of the services provided by our professionals? Then read on!
We are in the process of optimizing the use of our knowledge to deliver smarter service and products to internal and external clients, this in the most efficient and effective way. Knowledge makes indeed a real difference. Besides for improving the internal efficiency and effectiveness, we want to leverage our collective knowledge in the context of content marketing, business development and learning and development. In other words, we want to get the most out of our knowledge to serve our clients even better.
As a Knowledge Lawyer, you will act as a central hub, coordinating efforts and encouraging collaboration between clients, lawyers and know-how specialists of other practice groups.
As member of the Tax practice group, you will become part of a dynamic and driven team.
- Monitoring trends, legal and tax developments and sharing these developments with the Tax practice group.
- Monitor developments on the Mandatory Disclosure Directive and manage processes that ensure compliance
- Organizing, preparing and delivering the practice group’s knowledge meetings.
- Promote the collection and dissemination of knowledge.
- Develop, manage and update the knowledge database.
- Ensure that KM processes are being followed and contribute to improving them.
- Draft, update and manage knowledge documents (e.g. standard documents, templates, etc.).
- Identify, review and prepare documents for automated document or contract assembly.
- Identify ways to structure work and work output to produce tangible products for internal and external clients.
- Follow-up and implementation of digitalization and LegalTech initiatives.
Learning & Development
- Designing, preparing and delivering legal training to all levels of fee earners on know-how documents and practices.
- Preparing and delivering internal seminars and training for members of other practice groups.
- Identifying key developments that can be used for the creation of more focused content marketing campaigns and providing material for the firm's website and social media.
- Contributing to newsletters, publications and newsflashes.
- Prepare submissions for legal directories and draft proposals.
- You hold a Master's degree in Belgian tax law;
- You have at least 2 years of experience in tax law (in an academic function or in a law firm, tax or consulting firm etc.);
- You have a good working knowledge of French, Dutch and English;
- You are well organized and a team player, but you are also an inspiring self-starter and can be effective and take initiatives on your own;
- You are a dynamic and steering participant in practice group meetings;
- Your work is well-structured and you are result-orientated;
- You have good communication skills and excellent writing skills.
- A full or part-time permanent contract (employee or self-employed);
- You will be working with young and dynamic colleagues;
- You will get the opportunity to be working closely with other practice groups in the Belgian office and the other L&L offices;
- This intellectually stimulating position allows you to organize your work-life balance around stable working hours;
- You will receive a competitive remuneration package according to your level of experience.