Knowledge Manager Employment
Do you currently have at least 6 years of legal experience in employment and are you up for a new challenge? Loyens & Loeff is currently recruiting a Knowledge Manager for our Belgian Employment & Benefits team.
Loyens & Loeff
Loyens & Loeff is a leading law firm operating in the Benelux and Switzerland, our home markets. As an international firm, Loyens & Loeff has offices in the main financial centers worldwide. Thanks to the close collaboration between our legal and tax practices, we have a unique, strong position in the market.
Our lawyers work in teams and approach complex legal and tax issues from all possible angles. In this way, we provide our clients with solutions that are balanced, coherent and pragmatic. Our clientele consists of national and multi-national companies, financial institutions and governmental bodies. With about 1,500 lawyers and staff worldwide, including lawyers, tax experts and notaries, our firm can handle all business related legal and tax issues, be they national or international.
The Belgian office of Loyens & Loeff is located in Brussels and has over 100 lawyers and 55 employees.
Employment & Benefits
Our Employment & Benefits team is known for helping clients make a real commercial difference by offering true solutions to complex national and international employment issues. We help our clients transform the challenges they face into opportunities. Effectively reaching their goals, within the limits of the law.
We have an integrated approach of employment law with both legal and tax advisors. We do not only cover the full spectrum of employment law, but we also have expert knowledge in complex (inter)national employment issues, ranging from high-profile dismissals and top management contracts, to restructurings, international employment mobility and cross-border issues. Flexibility at the workplace is also one of our focus areas in which we have a lot of expertise and experience.
Our Belgian team currently consist of 10 attorneys and 2 partners. We are looking for a Knowledge Manager to make a significant contribution to expand our knowledge even further and, in doing so, help us provide the best possible service to our clients. We are not looking for someone to just build our know how base, but someone who takes initiative, comes up with pragmatic solutions for difficult employment law questions and is also able to turn this knowledge into action towards our clients. Someone who does not only have a profound employment law knowledge, but also has affinity with the digitalization and social media. In dialogue with the partners, the entire team and the Practice Manager you will be dealing with many and varied tasks.
We strongly believe in working together, as a practice group, within our firm and with our clients. You will be part of a young and enthusiastic team who recently won the HR Excellence Award for the best employment law firm for the third year in a row.
You will be responsible for the general know-how:
- Know-how structuring, development, management and sharing with the Employment & Benefits practice group, including, amongst others:
- Follow-up of legislation and other legal developments;
- Researches, scientific publications, legal questionnaires and know-how carriers;
- Contributions to newsletters, booklets, newsflashes, LinkedIn Showcase Pages, client portals, marketing material, requests for proposals, pitches and legal submissions and the content on the L&L website.
- Drafting, updating and digitalizing memoranda, check-lists and standard documents/templates;
- Turning know-how into client work and products;
- Prepare and manage knowledge meetings.
Of course, you will also be working closely with your employment colleagues on client matters, and support and coach juniors. You will be:
- the first point of contact for lawyers and know-how specialists of other practice groups, and firmwide initiatives;
- cooperate with your colleagues responsible for Learning & Development, ICT, Practice Management and Human Resources, both at the Belgian, Benelux and Swiss level;
- Learning & Development: you participate in the design and delivery of training programs to inform colleagues about recent legal and tax developments and their opportunities for clients and business development.
We are also looking for someone with a strong affinity and good awareness of digital communication (processes) and social media, as you will also be:
- involved in innovation and digitalization processes within the practice group;
- handling our newsflashes, blogs and vlogs online;
- organize webinars, including following up on chat boxes, drafting the presentations and any other logistics;
- following-up and implementing digitalization and AI initiatives within the practice group, as well as with regard to firmwide initiatives.
- You hold a master in Law obtained in Belgium; an additional degree in Social and Employment law or any other further qualification related to the Employment & Benefits sector is a plus;
- You have at least 6 years of experience in a legal function or in an academic function;
- You have a good working knowledge of French, Dutch and English;
- You are well organized and a team player, but you are also an inspiring self-starter and can be effective and take initiatives on your own;
- You are a dynamic and steering participant in practice group / team meetings;
- Your work is well-structured and you are result-orientated;
- You are at ease with information and communication technology and digital know-how and research systems, as well as digital external communication such as LinkedIn;
- You have good communication skills and excellent writing skills;
- You have strong analytical skills and you enjoy working out creative, pragmatic solutions.
- A full or part-time permanent contract (employee or self-employed)
- You will be working with young and dynamic colleagues, well versed in international matters and with ambitious objectives;
- You will get the opportunity to create a new position within the employment practice group where you will be working closely with other practice groups in the Belgian office and the other L&L offices;
- This intellectually stimulating position allows you to organize your work-life balance around stable working hours;
- You will receive a competitive remuneration package according to your level of experience.
For more information you can contact Antony Diovisalvi – Antony.firstname.lastname@example.org
You can apply by e-mail or online via our website: https://loyensloeffcareers.com/belgium/vacancies/