As a leading firm, Loyens & Loeff is the logical choice as a legal and tax partner when doing business in or from the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg or Switzerland, our home markets. Our clients can count on personalized advice from any of our 900 advisors based in one of our offices in the Benelux and Switzerland or in key financial centers around the world. Thanks to our full-service practice, specific sector experience and thorough knowledge of the market, our advisers understand exactly what clients need.
Loyens & Loeff is looking for Legal Engineers to join it’s Technology and Innovation department.
Digital technologies continue to make fundamental changes to the legal profession. Our current technology stack contains automated drafting, artificial intelligence applied to document review, transaction workflow automation, and low‑code platforms. Through these technologies, we are creating opportunities to change the way we deliver our services to clients.
In this context, Loyens & Loeff has decided to invest in accelerating the adoption of technology in our firm and to start paving the way to become the next generation law & tax firm. To support that transition, we are looking for talented Legal Engineers to join us in our innovation process and drive the digital transformation of Loyens & Loeff.
Your responsibilities as a Legal Engineer
- Assess impact of potential innovation projects.
- Investigate and visualize business processes and workflows and propose possible improvements.
- Collaborate with legal practitioners to propose (technological) solutions to identified problems.
- Develop technological solutions by automating drafting or review processes, digitalizing (transaction) workflows or building low-code web applications.
- Test the viability of technological solution with legal practitioners and IT specialists.
- Support collection and analysis of data about the use of technological solutions and their return on investment.
- Support implementation of technological solutions across the business.
- Liaise with software providers about our technological solutions.
- Provide ongoing maintenance and further development of the technological solutions used by the business.
- Assess potential new technologies for inclusion in our technology stack.
This role suits you, because
- You are a Law graduate or have experience in a corporate business setting.
- You have an excellent written and verbal command of the English language and a good knowledge of Dutch and/or French.
- You have affinity with IT, such as an interest or experience in software development, databases or low code platforms (e.g. Microsoft PowerApps).
- You have the ability to translate business requirements to (technological) solutions.
- You have the ability to fully engage & discuss legal documentation & business processes with legal practitioners.
- You have experience with design thinking and working in scrum or other agile methods.
- You have excellent analytical skills, a creative mentality and you are a solution driven thinker.
- You are pro-active, self-reliant, and have a strong sense of responsibility.
- Most of all, you are a team player and problem solver who manages to navigate complexities in an ever-changing environment.
A position in a growing, dynamic and international team of Legal Engineers and Innovation Advisors. The team is part of a leading international law firm with a strong identity, collegial atmosphere, and excellent pay and working conditions. Loyens & Loeff values self-development and encourages a proactive attitude.
Apply for this vacancy
Interested? Send your CV and motivation letter directly to Octavie.van.Erven.Dorens@loyensloeff.com.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Jonathan Troost (Law & Tax Tech Manager); Jonathan.Troost@loyensloeff.com.
For questions about the application process, please contact Octavie van Erven Dorens (Recruitment Adviser); +31 06 105 112 77 or Octavie.van.Erven.Dorens@loyensloeff.com.