As a leading firm, Loyens & Loeff is the logical choice as a legal and tax partner if you do business in or from the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg or Switzerland, our home markets. Our clients can count on personal advice from any of our 900 advisers based in one of our offices in the Benelux and Switzerland or in key financial centers around the world. Thanks to our full-service practice, specific experience and thorough knowledge of the market, our advisers understand exactly what clients need.
You will join our Corporate – M&A Practice Group as a Legal Practice Manager.
At Loyens & Loeff, we constantly strive to provide the highest standards and to develop sophisticated, yet practical solutions to help our clients achieve their goals and aspirations. Our Corporate – M&A Practice Group is one of the largest on the Belgian market and covers all the complexities of corporate transactions, from M&A and joint ventures, to private equity and public takeovers. Our team is built of involved and dynamic people with an entrepreneurial and solution-driven mindset.
Your multidimensional role will consist of creating, improving and monitoring structures to further develop the business of the Corporate M&A Practice Group and to help the team manage transactional projects by providing administrative and finance support. As a Legal Practice Manager you will work closely and directly with the Lawyers and Partners of the practice, the other Legal Practice Managers, and our Marketing and Communication, Business Development, Technology & Innovation and Know-How departments, both in Belgium and firmwide.
- Work with our Practice Group to identify new business opportunities;
- Help our Practice Group understand where the Lawyers should focus their efforts (what sort of clients to invest in) and what level of returns can be expected based on market research;
- Assist the Partners in specific client initiatives to help bring new work to the firm, manage projects and draft proposals, responses to requests for proposals, quotations and other opportunities requiring specific written responses;
- Work on the creation and maintenance of business development materials for the Practice Group, ensure they are up-to-date, prepare relevant capability statements, etc.
- Help the team manage transactional projects by providing administrative and financial support starting from the beginning of a new project (manage KYC and AML processes, etc.), while the project is ongoing (help coordinate the Loyens & Loeff team, monitor WIP, assist with various transactional tasks, etc.) and once the project has been closed (review of invoices, follow-up with the client, etc.);
- Manage and monitor the budget of the Practice Group, prepare monthly overviews,;
- Design, create and monitor new operational processes, find efficiencies by optimizing existing processes and procedures;
- Collaborate with our legal engineers and Senior Knowledge Manager on projects regarding legal and non-legal technology providers to help the team further develop innovative solutions;
- Provide administrative support with creating business development materials, presentations, etc. while at same time being able to comment on, and improve, the contents thereof;
- Help coordinate the weekly and monthly meetings with the team members.
- Event management: organize and coordinate seminars, webinars, conferences and other meetings;
- Be the Practice Group’s primary contact person for Marketing and Communication for social media and external communication purposes;
- Together with our Senior Knowledge Manager, keep track of market developments, deals, publications, track records, etc.
- You hold a Master’s degree in Law;
- You have 2 to 10 years of relevant work experience, preferably as a Lawyer or within the legal sector;
- You have a perfect command in Dutch or French (or both) and you have at least a good passive knowledge of the other language;
- You have an excellent (written and spoken) level of English;
- You have experience and a profound interest in transactional practices;
- You have a commercial and entrepreneurial mindset and are able to work independently;
- You are known for your accuracy, precision and completeness;
- You are a strong communicator. Your social skills allow you to easily build a network and to connect and switch smoothly between people on different levels;
- You enjoy working on different tasks/project simultaneously and you work in an autonomous and proactive manner;
- You are an expert in MS Office.
Start date: ASAP
We offer you:
- A varied and challenging position in an inspiring and top-notch environment;
- The opportunity to manage a talented, young and dynamic team;
- Growth opportunities;
- An international team with international clients;
- A high level of autonomy;
- A sector that is in continuous movement;
- A competitive salary, adapted to your level of experience;
- Extra legal advantages (meal vouchers, group insurance, hospitalization insurance, accident insurance, laptop, Iphone, transport allowance);
- A modern working environment, including workng from home policy.