As a leading firm, Loyens & Loeff is the logical choice as a legal and tax partner if you do business in or from the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg or Switzerland, our home markets. Our clients can count on personal advice from any of our 900 advisers based in one of our offices in the Benelux and Switzerland or in key financial centres around the world. Thanks to our full-service practice, specific sector experience and thorough knowledge of the market, our advisers understand exactly what clients need.
Loyens & Loeff is currently recruiting a Legal Winter intern GDPR to join the Data Protection team, which is part of the Litigation and Risk Management practice group.
You will gather information on all relevant developments in the field of privacy and data protection (think of the GDPR, the e-Privacy Regulation, artificial intelligence, blockchain, telecommunications law, etc.). In addition, you will be involved in case law research and you will be asked to contribute to the structuring and updating of the team’s know-how, models and memoranda.
Are you the one we are looking for?
- You are a Master or ManaMa student studying Belgian law with an excellent academic record so far;
- You have followed at least one course on data protection and privacy law (or IT law more generally) and have a clear interest to work in this field of law;
- You have a perfect command of Dutch or French and an excellent knowledge of English;
- You work proactively and you are results-oriented;
- You are a team player and you communicate easily and effectively with both your colleagues and clients;
- You are eager to develop within a quality professional environment and you have a genuine interest in law.
What's in it for you?
- You will have the opportunity to work with experienced lawyers, acquire practical experience of working at a leading law firm and obtain unique insights into the way professionals work;
- You will be guided by a coach, who will assist you, ensure that you will be given the opportunity to learn and involve you in interesting matters;
- Flexible working schedule: working days and hours to be determined depending on your availability;
- You will receive a competitive salary package;
- Successful winter internships could lead to employment later on;
- A modern work environment.
Period: October to December 2023 (by mutual agreement)
Working regime: Part-time, preferably 2 days/week (by mutual agreement)
How to apply?
Upload your CV, cover letter and a transcript of your obtained results. Please specify your preferences regarding the period and working regime.Share