Loyens & Loeff Luxembourg is an international full service law and tax advisory firm. Our Luxembourg office is led by 24 experienced partners and forms part of the Loyens & Loeff network, which counts more than 940 partners and associates worldwide. Our office in Luxembourg comprises around 130 professionals and has a total headcount of more than 220.
Our Tax compliance team needs you
Within the tax advisory practice, one of the cornerstones is our tax compliance team.
The team predominantly provides Luxembourg tax compliance services to multinationals and investment funds, but also to financial institutions, insurance companies and family offices. The team stands for outstanding quality, responsiveness, accuracy, a self-starting mentality and short lines of communication. We work very closely with our tax advisory, transfer pricing and tax litigation colleagues. This enables us to deliver tailor-made services. In a constant effort to attract the best talents, we are actively looking to recruit a:
Tax compliance expert (M/F) - CDI
- You will have a tax compliance advisory role. You will prepare more complicated (predominantly CIT/MBT/NWT) tax returns (consolidations / fiscal unities / transparent entities / active businesses). You will also review the work of other team members and contribute to the wider organization of the tax compliance team in terms of processes, allocation of workload, monitoring performance, deadlines and commercial development;
- You will have full day-to-day responsibility for the management of a tax compliance portfolio. This means obtaining the relevant information, meeting filing deadlines, flagging technical developments (e.g. BEPS, transfer pricing) with an impact on their compliance position. Together with the partner in charge you are the face towards these clients;
- You will directly communicate with our local and foreign tax advisers and partners to analyse how their advice translates into Luxembourg tax compliance;
- You are co-responsible for the growth, internal and external positioning and commercial development of the tax compliance team;
- You will head or co-head our permanent education team and will be responsible for the technical development of our tax compliance team. This entails that you will give courses (together with a senior advisor or partner) and updates on technical tax developments.
- You have a bachelor or master degree in tax, accountancy and/or economy from a university or a business school, ideally with a specialization in tax/accounting. No need to be admitted to a bar;
- You have at least 4-6 years of experience in a tax compliance role in Luxembourg, preferably with a Big4 or in another specialized tax compliance team;
- You have a good knowledge of Luxembourg tax matters, relevant in a compliance context (e.g. tax provisions, functional currency, hidden distributions and contributions) and the ability to translate these in a compliance context;
- You are a team player;
- You flourish in a self-starting environment. You have an entrepreneurial and responsible attitude;
- You have outstanding communicative skills to ensure efficient and smooth direct contact with clients and our own tax advisors and partners;
- You are fluent in English. Additional languages skills such as French, German, Luxembourgish and/or Dutch are considered an advantage.
What we offer:
- A dynamic working environment characterized by short lines of communication and a strong integration of our compliance team with our tax advisory teams;
- An attractive growth perspective and the ability to develop in the fields of e.g. country-by-country reporting / exchange of information and FATCA;
- Freedom to take (commercial) initiatives to boost the performance and commercial growth of our tax compliance team;
- Accommodating your personal growth through trainings and technical education focused on tax accounting. (e.g. Cycle A/B, CCDL, depending on ambition performance and own preference);
- A competitive salary combined with an attractive additional benefit package, no open office spaces).
Ready to start writing your own story at Loyens & Loeff Luxembourg? We are looking forward to receiving your application.
Important information for recruiting agencies
Please take note that we do only accept direct applications for this position. Any candidate file that has been unsolicited submitted by a recruiting agency will be treated as direct application and no referral fee shall be applicable.